DOG LICENSING INFORMATION
According to New York State Law: Every dog over four months of age, owned or harbored in New York State for longer than 30 days, must be licensed and have current rabies.
- Complete the Application and remit in person or by mail; include the following:
- Completed Application
- Spay/Neuter Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian
Fee: $20.50 Unaltered/Intact
$15.50 Senior Owner (65+) Unaltered/Intact
$ 8.50 Senior Owner (65+) Spayed/Neutered
In the event you dog is lost or stolen, having a License tag attached to dog’s collar will enable the Cheektowaga Dog Control Office to retrieve the owner’s information and contact you.
YOU CAN RENEW YOUR DOG LICENSE ONLINE (Drop box is open 24/7)
Your license is renewable once a year, during the anniversary month of the initial registration of your dog. The Town Clerk’s office sends renewal letters, to the address of record, for the owner by the first day of the month that the license is due. You can renew the license anytime within the month, if your rabies certificate is current and the license is not overdue. You can submit your updated rabies information to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the information in the system so you can make an online payment.
A Failure to Renew by the end of the anniversary month will initiate the first violation notice. Additional fees will apply every thirty (30) days.
- First Violation Notice fee- $10
- Second Violation Notice fee- $25
- Third Violation Notice fee- $35 includes an Appearance Ticket for court
The Dog Control Officer has the authority to proceed further in Court if the dog owner fails to respond to all preceding notices.
CONSERVATION LICENSE – HUNTING & FISHING
A license is required to Hunt or Fish in NYS (click here for NYSDEC-Region 9 info)
Identification is required to purchase a Hunting and Fishing License
- Driver’s License or School id
- Proof of Hunter’s Education Certificate (new applicant) or a previous hunting license
- Will be available commencing on November 1st on a first come basis until optimum management in each unit
- Hunters may receive up to 2 additional DMP’S in available WMU’S
- No applications will be accepted via phone, mail or on line
- Applicants that are exempt or hunters who previously applied this year, will not be charged
- For others there is a non-refundable $10 application fee for leftover DMP’S
- Applications for leftovers will not affect any preference points
DMP’S are only valid for antler-less deer in the WMU for which they are issued
- Additional Information regarding Bingo or Raffle information can be read at https://gaming.ny.gov/charitablegaming/pforms.php?ID=0
GAMES OF CHANCE/BELL JAR
- Additional Information regarding Games of Chance can be read at https://gaming.ny.gov/charitablegaming/pforms.php?ID=0