The Town of Cheektowaga now offers the newly created volunteer firefighters/ambulance workers exemption beginning with the 2024 roll year. This exemption is renewed annually, until the volunteer has served for 20+ years. At that time it becomes a permanent lifetime exemption.
- The property must be owned by the volunteer firefighter or ambulance worker.
- This must be the volunteer’s primary address.
- The property is used exclusively for residential purposes.
- The volunteer fire company, fire department or volunteer ambulance worker must serve the Town of Cheektowaga.
- The volunteer is certified by the authority having jurisdiction as an enrolled and active member.
- The volunteer has a minimum of two calendar years of service preceding the date of application.
- The un-remarried spouse of a deceased volunteer with 20 years of service is eligible to receive the exemption.
- The un-remarried spouse of a volunteer killed in the line of duty with at least 2 years of service is eligible to receive the exemption.
The following information is required:
- Driver’s License showing property location where the exemption is being applied.
- Letter certifying volunteer service as an enrolled active member and for how long.
- Complete the rp-466-a (pdf)
- For un-remarried spouses, a copy of marriage certificate.