Tax Payments Due Dates:
Town & County Taxes, February 18, 2020 without penalty.
School Taxes, October 15, 2020 without penalty.
After the due dates, penalties are assessed according to Erie County Tax Act and NYS Real Property Tax Law Sec 925. There is no provision for the waiver of penalties. The penalty schedule is located on the front of the tax bills.
A DROP BOX is available at the rear of Town Hall 24 hours a day for Tax payments.
EXCEPTION DAYS: October 15th, November 30th and December 2nd
THE BOX WILL BE EMPTIED AND LOCKED AT MIDNIGHT AND REOPENED AT 9AM THE FOLLOWING DAY
To View or Pay 2020 Town & County Tax Bill (click here)
To View 2017-2019 Town & County or School Tax Bills (click here)
To View 2004-2016 Town/County Tax Bills & School Tax Bills History (click here)
For Tax information please email your requests to email@example.com
To view Erie County back taxes or to pay back taxes online visit www.erie2.gov or (Click Here)
Staff is available to answer questions regarding:
- Tax amounts due on properties in the Town
- Proper ID of properties in the Town
- Amounts due/past due on taxes for the Town of Cheektowaga and the following school districts located in the Town of Cheektowaga: Cheektowaga Central, Maryvale, Cleveland Hill, Depew, Sloan, Lancaster, West Seneca and Williamsville.
- Where bills are being sent or if you would like to change where bills are being mailed Complete Name/Address Change Form
- Directions on navigating the website on viewing/paying tax bills
Special Tax Office Evening Hours:
(Last day to pay without penalties)
Town & County Taxes – February 18, 2020 9:00 am to 9:00 pm without penalty.
School Taxes – October 15, 2020 9:00 am to 9:00 pm without penalty.
- Town and County payments are accepted through July 1st; after July 1st, any unpaid balance will be due to the Erie County Real Property Tax Services, 95 Franklin Street- Room 100, Buffalo, NY 14202
- School Tax payments are accepted through November 30th; after November 30th, any unpaid balances will be due to the Erie County Real Property Tax Services, 95 Franklin Street- Room 100, Buffalo, NY 14202
PARTIAL PAYMENT OF TAXES:
If electing to make partial payments; penalties will apply to all unpaid balances starting
February 19, 2020 for Town & County Taxes
October 16, 2020 for School Taxes
You may make as many partial payments to the Town during any active collection cycle but penalties are applied to all unpaid balances. Partial Payment Exception – Williamsville School District is the only School District with restrictions for making partial payments. Residence must make a payment of at least 50% or more of the balance due