Town & County (Property) tax bill receipts have been mailed back to residents.
To Print or View the current or previous tax bills; see website(link).
The Receiver of Taxes is responsible for the collection of county, town and school taxes. Please be aware that taxes must be paid whether or not a property owner receives notification (New York State Real Property Law, Section 922). If you are a new property owner, please notify the Receiver of Taxes so that your tax bill can be sent to the proper place.
2023 Town & County (Property) Tax Payments are due by Midnight
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Special Evening Hours:
Wednesday, February 15, 2023 from 4:30pm to 9:00pm
Payments Accepted by:
- Mail, using the yellow return envelope that is enclosed with your bill
- In person at Cheektowaga Town Hall – Tax Office, Room 11, 9-4:30 daily except holidays.
- Credit Cards accepted in person or online (NO PARTIAL PAYMENTS ACCEPTED ONLINE)
Visa, Mastercard or Discover
The service provider will charge a 2.45% convenience fee per transaction
- Drop Box- located on the outside of Town Hall, open 24/hrs
The box is emptied at MIDNIGHT, February 15th, February 28th, March 15th, March 31st, April 15th, May 2nd, May 31 and June 30, 2023. Any items found in the box the following morning will be subject to the new penalty schedule located on the front of your bill.
- If you are requesting payment of taxes through your bank’s on-line system, it can take up to 5-7 business days before the Town receives the check. These payments usually do not bear U.S. postmarks and, as a result, the day of receipt is the day of payment. In order to avoid interest penalties, please leave sufficient time when processing a tax payment in this manner so that the check is received by the Town before the due date.
Partial Payments accepted in any amount, in person or by drop box ONLY.
Penalties are applied based on the late fee schedule located on the front of the tax bill. Penalties are assessed on outstanding balances after the due date and in accordance to the Erie County Tax Act and New York State Real Property Tax Law, Section 925. There is NO provision for the waiver of penalties.
To View or Pay 2023 Town and County Tax Bill
To View 2017-2022 Town & County or School Tax Bills (view Link to see how to find previous years tax bill receipts)
To View 2004-2016 Town/County Tax Bills & School Tax Bills History
All questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to call (716) 686-3981 or 3475. All phone calls will be returned within 24 hours.
If you need to change where your bill is being mailed or to notify us of your mortgage being paid in full please submit the Name/Address Change Form
To view information regarding BACK TAXES visit Erie County Real Property Tax Department.