2021 Town & County (Property) Tax Bills have not yet been received by Erie County (1.12.21)
We are no longer collecting School Taxes; If you have an Unpaid Balance; please submit to:
Erie County Real Property Tax Service
95 Franklin Street- Room 100
Buffalo, NY 14202
2021 Town & County (Property) Tax Payments are due by Midnight, February 16th without penalty
Special Evening Hours:
Tuesday, February 16th 4:30pm to 9:00pm
- Payment can be made by mail with the yellow return envelope enclosed
- Online (bank fees apply)
- Drop Box- located on the outside of Town Hall
A DROP BOX is available at the rear of Town Hall 24 hours a day for Tax payments.
THE BOX WILL BE EMPTIED AND LOCKED AT MIDNIGHT AND REOPENED AT 9AM THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
February16, March 1, 15, 31, April 15, 30, May 31 and June 30, 2021.
- In Person at Cheektowaga Town Hall – Tax Office
After the due dates, penalties are assessed according to Erie County Tax Act and NYS Real Property Tax Law Sec 925. There is no provision for the waiver of penalties. The penalty schedule is located on the front of the tax bills.
To View or Pay 20-21 School Tax Bill (click here)
To View 2017-2020 Town & County or School Tax Bills (click here)
To View 2004-2016 Town/County Tax Bills & School Tax Bills History (click here)
For Tax information please email your requests to email@example.com
To view Erie County back taxes or to pay back taxes online visit www.erie2.gov or (Click Here)
If electing to make PARTIAL PAYMENTS
penalties will be applied to all unpaid balances starting February 16th
Partial Payment Exception – property owners in the Williamsville School District are required to make a payment of at least 50% or more of the balance due.
Staff is available to answer questions regarding:
- Tax amounts due on properties in the Town
- Proper ID of properties in the Town
- Amounts due/past due on taxes for the Town of Cheektowaga and the following school districts located in the Town of Cheektowaga: Cheektowaga Central, Maryvale, Cleveland Hill, Depew, Sloan, Lancaster, West Seneca and Williamsville.
- Where bills are being sent or if you would like to change where bills are being mailed Complete Name/Address Change Form
- If you paid off your mortgage and your now responsible for paying your taxes:
Complete TOP of Name/Address Change Form
Section 2. and Reason for Change = Other: Mortgage Paid, Sign and Date
Completed form can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed 686-3515
- Directions on navigating the website on viewing/paying tax bills