Per NYS, Article 7 of the Agricultural and Markets Law, All Dogs Must:
- be licensed at the Town Clerks Office by 4 Months of Age
- must be tagged at all times
We will respond to any animals in distress, render aid, or take the appropriate course of action under the circumstances.
Lost or Missing Dogs:
- If your dog is licensed in the town we will return your dog to you immediately
- We cannot release any dog if its not licensed
Dead Animal Pickup
We pick up and dispose of small dead animals on the town roadways only, at (716) 686 – 3525
We Do Not
- Pick-up Dead Deer: contact Cheektowaga Highway Department at (716) 686 – 3450
- Assist with Domestic or Feral Cats: all issues should be directed to the SPCA of Erie County at (716) 875 – 7360 or any cat rescue groups operating in the area.
- Trap Nuisance Wild Life on Private Property: contact a Wildlife Trapper; these services and expenses are the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Provide Exterminator Services on Private Property: contact an exterminator; these services and expenses are the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Bait; All Rat Issues should be directed to the Erie County Department of Health at (716) 961 – 6800. Baiting programs are available through that office only.