The Assessment Office is governed by New York State Real Property Tax Law, the New York State Department of Taxation & Finance as well as by laws adopted at the local level. The Town of Cheektowaga Assessment Office is responsible for creating fair and equitable assessments in addition to administering tax exemptions of real property. More information on the duties of the Assessor can be found here (PDF).
How can we help?
For help finding comparable properties or using the IMO system check out our video How to Select Comparable Properties.
News & Announcements
- 1/20/23 – Informal Reviews begin February 1, 2023! See the Challenge Your Assessment page for details.
- 1/18/23 – Attention Seniors, please ensure you apply for all exemptions you might be eligible for.
- 12/16/22 – All exemption applications are due back no later than March 1, 2023!
- 9/14/22 – The tax exemption applications will be mailed next week for the 2023-2024 tax year.
- 7/8/22 – The 2022 Final Assessment Roll was filed. It can be found using the “Current Assessment Roll” button above.
- 2022 Assessment Update – The GARCast
Disclaimer (Please Read)
The Cheektowaga Assessment Department has compiled assessment data and images for the sole purposes of assessing property value for taxing purposes; it is not intended for use by others or for any other purpose except for public service. The Cheektowaga Assessors Office does not accept any responsibility, financial or otherwise, from any use of this material, including loss of profit, indirect, special or consequential damages. There are no warranties expressed or implied. The Town of Cheektowaga accepts no liability for the content of this assessment research tool, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information obtained through this research tool, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing by the Town of Cheektowaga Assessors Department. This site contains real property data, residential and commercial parcel photographs and comparative values for use in the process of assessment review only. The Town of Cheektowaga Assessors Department assessment information is updated periodically on this site. Information will be updated as new releases are developed. For the most recent and accurate assessment information contact the Assessment Department at 716-686-3440.