Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

The Town Clerk is the licensing and sales agent for the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC).

A license is required to fish or hunt in New York State (click here for NYSDEC-Region 9 info)

FISHING Persons sixteen (16) years of age and older MUST have a fishing license in order to fish in NYS. Identification is required such as a NYS Drivers License or Student ID

HUNTING– A license can be obtained by providing identification (NYS Drivers License or Student ID) and your hunter training certificate or a previous hunting license.

  • Senior hunting and fishing liceses are available to persons seventy (70) years or age or older
  • Jr. hunting licenses are available for twelve (12) years of age or older who have taken the hunter training course and are accompanied by a parent or guardian. For first time Jr. licenses a birth certificate is required.
  • Bow hunting licenses are available to persons providing a NYS Drivers License and bow hunting training certificate or current hunting license and a previous bow hunting stamp
  • Jr. Archery licenses are available to fourteen (14) years of age or older who have met all of the Jr. Hunting requirements and possess a Bow Hunter Training Certificate
  • Non-Resident licenses are available to person who meet the eligibility requirements and produce photo identification


  • Will be available commencing on November 1st on a first come basis until optimum management in each unit
  • Hunters may receive up to 2 additional DMP’S in available WMU’S 
  • No applications will be accepted via phone, mail or on line 
  • Applicants that are exempt or hunters who previously applied this year, will not be charged 
  • For others there is a non-refundable $10 application fee for leftover DMP’S 
  • Applications for leftovers will not affect any preference points 

DMP’S are only valid for antler-less deer in the WMU for which they are issued

Back to top
The owner of this website has made a commitment to accessibility and inclusion, please report any problems that you encounter using the contact form on this website. This site uses the WP ADA Compliance Check plugin to enhance accessibility.